How the World of Online Learning Offers You E
The world of learning and education has seen a tremendo...
“You’ll never change your life until you change something you do daily. The secret of your success is found in your daily routine” – these words by John C. Maxwell clearly emphasize the importance of practising a good routine in life.
And when it comes to your school life, it becomes all the more important that you develop good habits and make them a part of your everyday life.
The reason why some students do exceptionally well in academics, as well as other aspects of life, is the good habits they developed at the right time.
So, we’ve created a list of 7 good habits for you to practice every single day. As you cultivate these habits, you’ll become a happier, focused, healthier and more successful student.
1. Start YourDay with Affirmations: ‘I am so weak’. ‘I don’t think I can do this. ‘What if I fail’. These are the common negative thoughts that occupy your mind all the time. Failure is not a bad thing but fearing failure and keeping away from giving your best shot is what brings you into the category of losers. To be a winner, the first thing you need to do is get over the fear of failure. Embrace the fact that failure is a part of success. Begin each day with affirmations – thinking positive and feeding your mind with constructive thoughts. Always say ‘I am doing great and I will continue working hard’. The path to success is certainly difficult but definitely not impossible.
2. Maintain a To-Do-List: When you don’t have a written list, you will find it hard to track the tasks to be done in a day and this can make you overlook and put off significant tasks. Maintaining a to-do list will help you focus on your important tasks and complete the urgent ones on time. In order to study smart and gain more productivity, this habit is a must to cultivate.
3. Finish Challenging Tasks during Maximum Productive Time: Complete the assignments or tasks that are challenging during the time when you are most productive. This way you will be able to invest more focused energy into that. This is the time when your mind also happens to be fresher and alert.
4. Stay Organized: Organization is also a significant habit that you must develop for achieving your target goals with desired success. Always be punctual, stick to your schedule, maintain a proper plan, distribute your time evenly for all the important activities of the day.
5. Read Inspirational Quotes: A little dose of inspiration is much-needed for boosting the spirits and the best way to get them is to read some inspirational quotes. Reading quotes keep you motivated and guide you towards the success path.
6. Take Time for Fun Activities: For letting your mind work competently, engage in fun and creative things. Learn to strike a balance between your studies and extracurricular activities such that nothing is delayed. This will allow you to be proactive and keep your mind fresh.
7. Exercise Daily: A healthy mind resides in a healthy body; and for keeping yourself both physically and emotionally fit, a regular exercise routine is a must. It is completely up to you what exercise type you want to follow. It can include yoga, gym, or any other exercise form that you are comfortable with.
8. Sleep Well: Eight hours of sleep is said to be essential for the proper functioning of the body. When your body is well-rested, it allows you to concentrate better and stay on the right track. Follow a bedtime routine. It would be better to have a specific time set for going to bed and waking up.
9. Be Inquisitive: As a student, your inquisitiveness is what helps you explore and gain maximum knowledge. As doubts from your teachers on a daily basis. Don’t pile up things. Clearing the doubts as and when they arise help you better with effective learning.
10. Self-Assess Yourself Every Day: At the end of the day, make it a habit to reflect upon the day’s activities, your learnings, and the outcome. It is like self-assessing yourself on a day-to-day basis. Understand how much you learned, the progress you made towards the set goals, and what mistakes you made. Reflecting upon your actions help you get better with each passing day.
Bottom line: Following these habits can bring a great amount of change to your life. You are free to make a change and acclimate new habits as long as it’s bringing a positive change in your life.